Yesterday I took Cole to his 9 month checkup. He was perfectly normal and healthy, but the Dr. was a bit concerned about his weight and that his % as far as weight, length, and height goes. At his 6 month check up he weighed 14.73 lbs, and at his 9 month check up yesterday he weighed 15.59. He's in the 0.64%tile as far as weight goes, which means that almost 100% of babies his age are bigger than him! I like having a cute, little, small baby. He doesn't LOOK super skinny or anything, and factoring in his father, I find it perfectly normal. I did agree with the Dr. though when he said that he's not concerned at this point, but if his %'s keep dropping it will be a concern. With that being said, he wants me to do some "power packing" or something like that. First of all, by this age he said that he is totally fine to eat table food, including meats too. He wants me to give him as many calories as possible, and the best way to do that is by doctoring his food up with things such as ranch dressing (no light or fat free..the real deal), sour cream, cream cheese, cheese, avocados, and other high calorie, "good" fatty stuff. Also, after nursing he would like me to try to feed Cole 3-6oz of formula too, if he takes it. So far so good. I feel bad because my milk supply has dropped and so I don't think he's been getting as much fluids as he's been needing, and I think that's he's really been liking the formula after nursing so far.
It'll be interesting to see if it works. If it doesn't, I'll come to the conclusion that he's still healthy and it's just in his genes. If it does work, great! I have a nice, plump baby. I'm going to take him to the dr. in 6 weeks to get his weight, height, and length checked again...along with his second flu shot. Anyway, here is my little update.
Also, have you checked out our little BYU Weekly debut? Click here to see it! On the right, click on "Babies and Dogs" to see our segment!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I've never in my life been told to eat more fatty foods! Hahaha! Oh, Cole. I think he's going to be a little butterball when I see him next! Good luck, Heather!
ReplyDelete